Monday, January 01, 2007

Pix, y'all!

Hi everyone. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I want to thank everyone that came out to see the Yoginis on last Saturday and make our gig a success. Also all of you that went to any of the shows listed on this blog. Without you, the people, coming to the shows, the whole system breaks down for both the venues and the musicians. Also crucial is telling your friends about the bands you like, referring people to this weblog or other sources of information about the musicians and the shows.
So I want to thank everyone who overcomes the stay-at-home syndrome, turns off the TV and logs off the web, and actually gets out and goes to shows. We don’t take you for granted at all. Don’t be fooled by us prancing around on stage. You are the ones that make it happen.

It also occurred to me that I have been collecting a lot of pictures of my band and my friend’s groups. Given that I have gotten good feedback when I put pix on the blog (such as from my travels) I wanted to share some of these with you too. I can't remeber everyone's names, (especially in the Phat Phunk Phamily) but I've tried to cover most. Quick links to the groups:

The Yoginis at Egan's Ballard Jam House in Seattle

Triple Bill at the Sunset Tavern in Seattle
Amusicator
Phat Phunk Phamily
The Talismen

The Yoginis at Egan's Ballard Jamhouse

The marquee!Yours trulySamia PanniJohnny CongaBurt BoiceEd Mays

I also played with Amusicator on Fri 12-29-06 at the Sunset Tavern in Seattle

Dawa and FlautistAlicia
CarlaEnriqueYogi

The same night was the Phat Phunk Phamily, hot off five months in the studio.

That's right- 5 singers!
CydneyThe Horn section
Big Daddy GaryGreg

And last was the Talismen, who put on a world-class reggae show and topped it off by giving away their CD!

JamieMarcusRashid
RenaldoSteve
Post a Comment